Lunenburg County Multi-Purpose Centre Corporation
Reports to: Operations Manager
POSITION SUMMARY: Under the direction of the Operations Manager, this person will be responsible for the maintenance and care of the facility which includes the ice surface, dressing rooms, washrooms, ice resurfacer, building mechanical, pool mechanical and all tools and equipment in the operations department.
- Assist with ice installation and ice maintenance
- Cleaning of dressing rooms and facility
- Operate and maintain the ice resurfacer
- Set up and tear down for special events
- Grounds maintenance, mowing grass and maintaining all equipment
- Unload trucks with supplies
- Operate snow blower, scissor lift, folk lift and shovel snow
- Work in a timely and efficient manner
- Follow all schedules
- Perform other duties as assigned
Education / Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- At least 2 years arena experience or equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
- WHMIS Certification required
- Must possess a valid Nova Scotia driver's license
- First Aid/CPR or willingness to obtain
- Forklift certification would be considered an asset
- Require experience in the operation and maintenance of the ice resurfacer.
- Require experience in arena operations and maintenance
- Experience with pool mechanical and filtration a definite asset
- Working with the public in a polite manner
- Must be prepared to work shift work (7 day rotation)
- Knowledge of Occupational Health & Safety requirements
- Must be physically able to carry out tasks which involve manual labour
- Will commensurate with education and experience.
A combination of education and experience may also be considered. Please submit a resume and covering letter by email, facsimile or mail on or before January 15, 2018
Kevin Benjamin, General Manager
Lunenburg County Lifestyle Centre
135 North Park Street
Bridgewater, NS B4V 9B3
Fax: (902) 530-3733
While we appreciate your interest in working for the Lunenburg County Lifestyle Centre, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.