Title: Special Events & Marketing Coordinator
Lunenburg County Multi-Purpose Centre Corporation
Reports to: General Manager
Full Time / Term Position
Vision and Mission
The Lunenburg County Lifestyle Centre contributes to the cultural and recreational life of the community through:
- Promoting healthy lifestyle and active living to community members;
- Promoting arts, cultural and social initiatives and community outreach programs;
- Promoting community building and inclusiveness;
- Contributing to economic enhancement and business opportunities;
- A regional library to promote educational programs, training and aspects of healthy living;
- Environmentally friendly infrastructure that is efficient and sustainable over the long term.
The Special Events & Marketing Coordinator will report directly to the GM and lead the organization’s special events and manage all special event promotions, communications, marketing and social media strategy, support awareness initiatives and work closely with senior staff to ensure achievement of higher revenue targets. The person selected for this new and exciting opportunity will play a key role in insuring our continued success and growth. We’re looking for an excellent communicator and confident relationship builder.
Given the nature of our business, you’re resilient and flexible with a self-motivated personality.
Priority Areas of Responsibility:
- Source future special event opportunities
- Establishing continuity and growth within special events being held at the facility
- Maintain and exceed sales targets defined by management
- Work closely with the GM to plan and execute promotional PR and marketing campaigns
- Ensure the complete administration and execution of all planned events including contracts, campaign execution, problem solving, recommendations and finance
- Negotiate space, dates and rates to obtain booking goal while focusing on shoulder and off-season business.
- Supporting Priority Areas:
- Encourage repeat business through excellent customer service and by building strong relationships with customers
- Identify new avenues of business and bring in more new events to the facility
- Work strategically with media outlets
- Prepare media releases and articles as appropriate
- Coordinate post event research and reporting
- Develop stakeholder database and identify strategies for engagement
- Work with and establish relationships with key community leaders
- Develop messaging to strengthen and grow membership sales to our business partners
- Develop and maintain a contact database with media partners and media
- Prepare media tracking reports and analyses as needed
- Assist with editing and creating content for social media
- Ensure website is regularly updated and managed including photos, descriptions and promotions
- Attend conferences and trade shows as necessary
Event Management experience is considered an asset.
- You graduated post-secondary education with a major in either Event Planning, PR, Marketing, or Communications, or a proven track record in this area
- You have strong attention to detail and you’re precise when proofreading for grammar, spelling, and punctuation
- You’re a strategic thinker and love creative problem solving
- You have excellent organizational and project management skills and you’ve had proven experience
- You’re an ambitious go-getter, excited to learn and grow with the organization
- Excellent communications skills – both written and verbal
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects simultaneously, and work to deadline
- Strong computer and technical skills
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Ability to work well on a team and relate to others across multiple business functions
- You’re great with social media and have the awareness to plan and execute digital campaigns
- You like to display your creativity through writing headlines, creating social posts and developing unique campaign ideas
You’ll Love It Here. Here’s Why:
- A balanced work/family environment
- Membership to the facility
- Competitive salary and benefits package.
A combination of education and experience may also be considered. Please submit a resume and covering letter by email, facsimile or mail on or before Friday October 26, 2018.
Isobel Leslie, Administrator
Lunenburg County Lifestyle Centre
135 North Park Street
Bridgewater, NS B4V 9B3
While we appreciate your interest in working for the Lunenburg County Lifestyle Centre, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.