Title: SUMMER DAY CAMP LEADER
Lunenburg County Multi-Purpose Centre Corporation
Reports to: Aquatic Manager
The Lunenburg County Lifestyle Centre is seeking a seasonal, full time Day Camp Coordinator to manage all aspects of the day camp program. The Day Camp Coordinator will be responsible for overseeing the development of quality recreational programs in all aspects of camp operations. The role of the Day Camp Coordinator will include being responsible for various administrative tasks, which may include coordinating schedules, and completing all necessary reports.
Dates: May 27th – August 23rd 2019
Application Deadline: April 18th 2019
Duties and Responsibilities
- Overseeing the daily activities, general camp operations, and programs to ensure a quality camp.
- Coordinate quality and safety of camp programs. Assist in the development of programming and with hiring and handling staffing.
- Work with special events, promotions, and any other special needs as they arise.
- Ensure that all program schedules are completed satisfactorily in a timely manner.
- Ensure the maintenance of accurate program and administrative records.
- Be responsible for understanding, adhering, and enforcing staff adherence to all facility policies and emergency procedures associated with the camp.
- Assist in mid-summer and post-summer evaluations with the Aquatics Manager.
- Interact effectively with the camp staff as a total system, with campers’ best interest in mind.
- Be a leader in parent communication and address parent concerns in a timely manner. Seek the help of the Aquatics Manager when necessary.
- Assist with the various administrative tasks necessary for camp to run efficiently.
Required Skills and Knowledge
- Minimum 2 years’ experience with children ages 7 to 18 in recreation programming or educational setting.
- Experience supervising staff in a camp environment or related discipline preferred.
- Experience teaching or working with children and youth in a recreational programming or school setting.
- High energy, self-initiator.
- Excellent people skills and a friendly, responsible, service-oriented attitude.
- Strong communication and teamwork abilities.
- Current criminal record and vulnerable sector check.
- Current child abuse register letter.
- Entering first year or returning university student.
- Candidates with an educational background ie. working towards B.Ed will be given preference.
- Experience working with individuals with special needs an asset.
- Candidates must be currently certified in First Aid/Level C CPR Certifications.
- Valid driver’s license an asset.
- Ability to swim and skate.
- Ability to speak French an asset.
- Any aquatic certifications an asset.
- Candidates should be prepared for physical labour of lifting, moving (chairs/tables etc.) and lots of walking (very active job).
To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter to:
Lunenburg County Lifestyle Centre
135 North Park St
Bridgewater NS B4V 9B3
Or by email to: