CASUAL FACILITY MAINTENANCE WORKER
Facility Operations Manager
The Casual Facility Maintenance Worker is responsible to provide support to operations and custodial departments, primarily during hockey games and facility events. Hours will be scheduled as required to meet facility programming needs. This position will report to the Operations Manager but may also be assigned tasks by other managers and senior department staff.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist custodial staff with various facility cleaning functions like sweeping, mopping, emptying litter containers, and cleaning bathrooms.
- Assist operations staff with the general facility maintenance and operations of the facility and includes moving and pegging ice hockey nets during ice flooding.
- Assist with winter snow removal functions like shoveling snow from walkways and exits, and salting/sanding as required to avoid slips and falls.
- Provide on-ice skate monitoring during the public skating program, as required, by enforcing facility rules and regulations in a positive manner.
- Assist with facility special events including set-up and tear-down as required.
- Respond to, or appropriately direct, inquiries or complaints.
- Perform other related duties, responsibilities, and functions as may be assigned by the Operations Manager or other senior facility staff members.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Preference will be given to applicants who are fair to good skaters.
- Shifts may include early morning, evenings, and weekends based on programming needs. Casual positions may be occasionally required to work on short notice.
- Ability to establish and maintain respectful and cooperative working relationships with all team members.
- Highly motivated and ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- WHMIS 2015 and First Aid/CPR/AED certification required or willingness to obtain.
- Must provide a satisfactory Police Criminal Records Check or Vulnerable Sector Check, and if applicable, a Child Abuse Registry Check.
- Minimum wage
Please submit a resume and covering letter by email or mail prior to November 22, 2019 to:
Isobel Leslie, Administrative Coordinator
Lunenburg County Lifestyle Centre
135 North Park St
Bridgewater NS B4V 9B3
While we appreciate your interest in working for the LCLC, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Please type “Casual Facility Maintenance Worker” in the subject line of your email. No phone calls please.