The Communications, Marketing and Events Coordinator at the LCLC is responsible for implementing and maintaining a robust communications, marketing, and social media strategy, as well as the attraction, planning and delivery of special events.
Reporting directly to the General Manager, this position will work with all facility staff and stakeholders to create and manage a strong brand identity for the LCLC.
The general responsibilities will be:
- Managing the ongoing release of content that drives a positive brand association for the LCLC. Tailoring communications to engage with residents throughout Lunenburg County.
- Managing a social media platform, creating a steady flow of compelling content.
- Contributing new ideas to increase engagement of LCLC’s brand through all platforms.
- Strategic, proactive media outreach; Identifying opportunities to push the LCLC brand, taking initiative to act upon these opportunities to achieve results.
- Designing and delivering on campaigns to foster positive brand associations for the LCLC with residents throughout Lunenburg County.
- Website content management.
- Ticketing content management.
- Graphic coordination and creation as well as photography content creation.
- Providing strategic direction on new projects.
- Collecting and reporting on key performance metrics that relate to Communications and Marketing.
- Working cross-functionally with department managers and stakeholders on editorial pieces, social media promotions, external relations, and business development.
- Monitoring public feedback mechanisms.
- Seeking out and Planning special events within the facility.
- Post-secondary education in either PR, Marketing, or Communications, or comparable experience in a related role
Experience and Drive:
- You are excited by our mission to promote healthy lifestyles as a recreational hub for Lunenburg County.
- You are a creative person who enjoys creating compelling communications.
- You have an analytical side and understand how key metrics can be used to garner necessary insights.
- You have strong attention to detail and are precise when proofreading for grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
- You are a strategic thinker and love creative problem solving.
- You have excellent organizational and project management skills and you have had proven experience.
- You have excellent communications skills – both written and verbal.
- You can prioritize multiple projects simultaneously, and work to deadline.
- You have strong computer and technical skills.
- You have flexibility and adaptability.
- You can work well on a team and relate to others across multiple business functions.
- You have experience in managing corporate social media and developing marketing plans.
- Event management experience is considered an asset.
- To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter to:
Kent Walsh, General Manager
Lunenburg County Lifestyle Centre
135 North Park St
Bridgewater NS B4V 9B3