Position Summary: Under the direction of the Aquatics Manager, Fitness Instructors are members of the Lunenburg County Lifestyle Centre Team and are responsible for providing superior programs to our valued members and guests. We are looking for enthusiastic, motivating individuals who have a genuine passion for working with people and as part of a team. They will demonstrate techniques and form, observe participants, and explain to them the corrective techniques necessary to improve their skills and reach their goals.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Planning and instruction of quality fitness classes as assigned, in a manner which promotes safe and effective development of health and fitness of guests.
- Maintain a clean and neat appearance at all times.
- Evaluate individuals' abilities, needs, and physical conditions, and develop suitable training programs to meet any special requirements.
- Instruct clients on proper usage of equipment. Observe participants and inform them of corrective measures necessary for skill improvement.
- Offer alternatives during classes to accommodate different levels of fitness.
- Plan routines, choose appropriate music, and choose different movements for each set of muscles, depending on participants' capabilities and limitations.
- Instruct participants in maintaining exertion levels to maximize benefits from exercise routines.
- Provide students with information and resources regarding nutrition, weight control, and lifestyle issues.
- Respond to, or appropriately direct, complaints or inquiries.
- Participate in quarterly staff meetings, as well as other staff meetings as required.
- Enforce facility rules and regulations in a positive manner.
- Work with team members to ensure proper communication and seamless delivery of information to members and guests.
- Communicate any staffing concerns to Manager.
- Seek professional development opportunities.
Preference will be given to candidates with the following background and/or qualifications:
- Ability and willingness to be flexible in a dynamic work environment.
- Hold and maintain a current Instructor Certification specific to your specialty.
- Knowledge of group fitness teaching strategies and the incorporation of music, tempo, cueing technique, and rhythm.
- Ability to be professional and motivate class participants.
- Working knowledge of human anatomy, kinesiology and training principles.
- Ability to establish and maintain respectful and cooperative working relationships with all team members.
- Commitment to develop interpersonal relationships with facility users, user groups & program participants and add to their positive experience.
- Standard First Aid/ CPR-C
- Will commensurate with education and experience.
To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter to:
Lunenburg County Lifestyle Centre
135 North Park St
Bridgewater NS B4V 9B3