Safety and Supervision
Safety Supervision Requirements while at the BMO Financial Group Aquatic Centre
Supervision Ratio (Adult: Child)
Supervision (Adult: 15 years +)
|7 & under||1:3||Accompanied by an adult in the water|
|8-9 years||1:6||Accompanied by an adult on deck|
|10-11 years||Supervision encouraged||Recommended that an Adult remain within the LCLC facility|
- Children 7 years old or younger MUST be accompanied by an adult in the water.
- Children 8-9 years old MUST be accompanied by an adult on deck in the pool area.
- Children 10-11 years of age are recommended to have an adult remain on-site within close proximity of the Aquatic Centre.
- Dangerous practices are prohibited. Patrons must not run on the pool deck; climb slide stair railings; jump from the hot tub edge; dive in shallow water (less than 9ft deep); swim in diving areas; double bounce or crowd diving boards; dunk, push, pull or unnecessarily splash other swimmers.
- Instructions and emergency procedures from lifeguards must be followed. Swimmers much leave the pool area immediately upon hearing a double or triple whistle blast from a lifeguard.
All Areas of Aquatic Centre
• Outdoor footwear is NOT permitted on the pool deck. • NO electronic devices such as cameras, cell phones, Blackberries, iPhones, iPads and laptops are allowed in the pool area. • Food, beverages, or any breakable items are NOT permitted in the pool area. Please discard chewing gum in garbage receptacle before entering the pool. • Anyone not toilet trained must wear water resistant swimwear to prevent contamination of the pool. Cloth or disposable diapers are not accepted. • All patrons MUST shower with soap before entering the pool. Persons with open cuts, sores, bandages, colds, coughs or infected eyes are NOT permitted in the pool. • Spitting, spouting or nose-blowing in the pool is strictly prohibited. • Animals are not allowed in the building or pool area, with the exception of guide dogs. Guide dogs are allowed on deck, but not in the water.
A patron will be verbally warned for the first offense; the patron will be asked to leave the pool facility if a second offense occurs.